Friday, March 04, 2005

Mays days

About a year and a half ago Famile head Darrell Angus tipped me to an imminent show by Matt Mays and El Torpedo (about September 2003, to be vaguely precise).
Mayes used to be in The Guthries, an excellent country rock band from Halifax. I recall covers of both Bob Dylan and ZZ Top ("Tush"), and a large amount of rocking. They put on an awesome performance before a small crowd. They're back at Zaphod's March 28, one of several shows around the release of their new album.

The man himself.



Brad Thomas' floor drum head reads "Mustash rides 5 cents." Now that's classy.



Bassist Andy Patil on right.



Guitarist, keyboardist and ZZ Top cover vocalist Brad Conrad.



Sure, guitarist Jarrett Murphy looks all innocent, but that's just because you can't tell from this picture that he's eyeing the infrastructure. "I wonder if that pipe will support my weight ..."



Yes ... yes it will (personally, I would have taken the guitar off first).



Climbing on stuff is a great way to end a show, I always say.

No comments: