Friday, April 15, 2005

Ripped to the tits

Red Light Rippers opened for Big Jeezus Truck. No frills hard rock, lots of running about on stage (and loads of smoke) plus a cover of Pills. I think the Red Light Rippers may be bad for your teeth ....

Singer Rip Skin'er ...



If the rock thing doesn't work out, there's always the Cirque du Soleil.



Guitarist Staci T. Rat. The band cut things a little short because he busted a string and had only one guitar with him (an Epiphone Alleykat - I have a Wildkat, which is similar, albeit with a Bigsby vibrato, P-90 dogears and a hideous yellow finish).



Bassist Stephane DeBernardi (okay, that's an obviously fake name ...) is very scary.



You can actually see drummer Danny C. in this picture, which is a major improvement on the one where a huge billowing cloud of stage smoke puffed in front of my camera just as I snapped the picture ...



There's got to be an easier way to have a singing drummer!



The band that works together ...



And so on.



As you can see, Skin'er was an active chap; I wish I'd captured a jump or a somersault but no such luck.

No comments: