Sunday, May 22, 2005

Spell it!

Mississippi Grover should be familiar to Ottawa music fans as Grog from The Knurlings (and before that The Fiends) ... or perhaps Greg from The Descrators ... or maybe Watson Traps, who once drummed for Flecton Bigsky ... does Greg Watson of The Orange Alabaster Mushroom ring a bell? Anyway, he's been around. Here he does the one-man band thing at The Manx, undoubtedly Ottawa's cosiest bar, opening for Merle Knurling. He opened things up with Link Wray's Rumble and went all swamp rock from there. Leave My Kitten Alone also featured.

A man and his cow skulls.



Harmonica solo!



Not many different pictures you can post of one guy wedged in a corner at The Manx; unfortunately I failed to capture the kazoo solo ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for the writeup/pictures - I've gone and messed with one of 'em and posted it on my website. Then I read your blurb about getting permission before doing that sorta thing, so hopefully it's cool with you. If not, please let me know!

Thanks again,

Mississippi Grover