Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Gold blade

I foolishly forgot to go to the CKCU 30th anniversary show Nov. 18 a half-hour earlier than I played, and literally raced down the stairs as The Golden Famile played the last few bars of their closing number. Just enough time to snap pictures of Darrell Angus and Casey Comeau.

Okay, you can sort of make out Ryan Hough in this picture of Darrell ...



I think Casey should trademark her tattoo.



Anyway, they sounded darn fine for the 30 or so seconds I heard. Up next were The Weapons of Mass Seduction, who put on a great show. I think Jake Heartbreak was extra antic and The Duke sounded great on his new Danelectro.

Here's Jake!



Here's The Duke!



Here's Bill - who pointed out that Barrymore's backdrop was looking a lot like Bumpers' (RIP) stage setup.



Jake twists between shouts ...



... jumping off Bill's bass drum.



When Stephen Harper becomes prime minister, this sort of thing will not be allowed!



Nor will this!



Seductive rock action!



Photographer-biting action! Maybe Aaron Mackenzie Fraser will put the close-up on his swanky website.



Jake goes down!



The trio ended with an a capella version of Up Jumped The Devil.



This was the band's best show yet, I think. Some people in the audience were playing air guitar - I think they were joking, but it still has to count for something, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see Casey still playing my old Farfisa. Sometimes I miss that organ, but then I remember how much it weighs, and I don't miss it so much.

Anonymous said...

That was the funest Friday nights in recent memory. The weapons put on a more than fantastic show. I missed most of Famile as well but I liked what I saw. Still buzing from the weapons though. They got a good thing goin'