Friday, March 17, 2006

They blinded me ... with science!

Oh, those Giants of Science! I was taken back to my first post-college live show - Swervedriver and All Systems Go! at Barrymore's - by their guitar heavy but pop-sensible sound. As you can see, most of the folks on stage also appeared for the Gin Club's set, so the only real introduction is for drummer Steven Lynagh.

Here's Lynagh with Adrian Stoyles (who doesn't appear on the album, but thickened the sound nicely on stage).



Ben P. Salter rocks out. Stoyles realizes he's been using a lemon slice as a pick (and larger).





Matt Tanner at right: "I'm pissed tonight!"



And singing a bit ...



Some bending and twisting from Ben. P. Salter.



Singalong action with Benjamin Tuite!



Giant action!



Scientific action!



I picked up their new CD, Here Is The Punishment, after their excellent set (along with a T-shirt) and it's a catchy beast.

No comments: