Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Ian Tolton

The Ottawa music scene is a little bit poorer this week with the death of Ian Tolton. I only knew Ian as the bassist for the Mighty Eagle Band, though he had also served in Andrew Vincent's Pirates and other outfits. He passed away Monday in his sleep. He was 35. Here he is in action with the MEB in May 2005, the last show I saw him play.



The service will be at St. Matthew's Anglican Church (on First Ave. between Bank and Lyon) this Friday at 3 p.m. You can make a donation of a musical instrument in his memory to the ArtsCan Circle in his memory. Five bucks from the purchase of Kelp Records' 12th anniversary comp will also go to the ACC.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I jammed around with IT in Vancouver for a while and I was just googling around to see what he was up to. RIP my friend.

nicole poirier said...

thats my uncle.. miss yah! RIP uncle Ian <3

nicole poirier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.