Monday, April 24, 2006

No quarter

The Fucking Machines celebrated the release of their new 7-inch Stole My Quarter Saturday night (Muffler Crunch were the other half of the bill). As usual, they punk rocked like it was 1983. It sounded great to me, perhaps because I spent a fair amount of time right beside one of the PA speakers. Loud, it was.

Civ on the mic (with Johnny Nash at back).



John Sproull and a big flash-confusing banner.



I've discovered that my camera's autofocus doesn't like beards ... this picture of Scott Terry wasn't easy to take, I tell you! Joey Vienneau in back. You can see Andrew Vincent there in the crowd. Fun fact: He's performing solo tonight at The Whalesbone along with Ukrainia.



More Joey!



More Johnny!



The Machines interact with their loving audience: "Fuck you Scuzboy!"



"Six pack!"



Singalong action!



Fucking Machines? More like Smooching Machines if you ask me!



I'm definitely going to grab a copy of that 7-inch ... there was some delay in getting the actual vinyl, but they were supposed to be in this Tuesday at show co-sponsor Birdman Sound and at End Hits.

1 comment:

Merle Knurling said...

Great shot of John's patented "Drum Face" although it's not a hard one to miss. That guy's the coolest.