Monday, April 17, 2006

WWFD?

The Flaps opened for The Hi Lo Trons Good Friday. Last time I saw them perform was New Year's at Irene's, since I just missed their recent show at The Carleton Tavern. I thought they sounded a little more laidback than usual, with a greater emphasis on the more cinematic side of their instrumental tunes, but whaddaIknow.

Flaps action on the right ...



... and Flaps action on the left.



Since I was using my macro lens I decided to take a whopping number of close-ups and even-closer-ups.











I was pleasantly surprised by how sharp some of the group shots turned out.



Still my favourite Ottawa instro band, which is saying a lot considering the competition from The Empiricals, J'envoie, et al.

2 comments:

Merle Knurling said...

Hew Andrew,

Those are really cool photographs. Nice work!

Merle

Anonymous said...

The Flaps and the Hilotrons are great. Your pics are great too. However, they could be better if only musicians in Ottawa cared for the way they dress. I mean, look at the guys in the Flaps. Great music, not so great image. The lead guitarist arguably has the best sense of style. The other guys, well...pretty bad.
Musicians should keep in mind the visual side of a performance.