Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A different feather

Well, I just got back from the Lovely Feathers show.
"But Andrew, it's only 10:45, I know the show is all ages, but shouldn't they be playing like, right now?"
Well, yeah. Truth is, I completely forgot (a) that there were three bands on the bill and (b) what the hell Lovely Feathers sounded like. The only other band listed on the show poster was Jetplanes of Abraham - great name! - and I was short of both sleep and food, two things which are a great aid in not accumulating sufficient brain wattage to deduce that the brief set of electroblurt I'd just witnessed was not the headlining act, despite the fact they ended things at 10 p.m. So I went home to get some food. I did start to wonder when I was about a 5-minute walk away, but by the time I certified that I'd bought a $10 ticket to see Duchess Says, not the Feathers, it was a bit late to go running back. Oh well, I'll catch them next time.



Anyway, Duchess Says put on an entertaining, albeit incomprehensible show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was trying to think of how to sum up Duchess Says but I have to say that you nailed it with "entertaining, albeit incomprehensible." It's too bad that you missed The Lovely Feathers, though; I'm sure you would have gotten some great pictures from their frantic set.