Friday, May 19, 2006

How you do

The attendance at The Doers' last show in Ottawa was, in my words "rather horribly low" - things turned out much better for them at their Legion hall performance last Saturday (unless you count the finkrat who stole their roadie's camera in a late-night van break in).

Bassist Barry Higginson - for some reason I always think that would be a great name for a British explorer.





Sean Maxey and Sarah Jane - Sarah Jane is also a professional hairdresser and was taking appointments to crop tops as The Doers toured the nation.



The lady in back is Joy, the band's new drummer.





Sean sings!



They got rhythm.



Clapping action!



Singalong action!





The Doers from light to dark.



The space definitely suited their acoustic sound; I liked this performance quite a bit more than I did their one at Babylon.
  • Show reminder: Daiquiri and Boycrusher play Barrymore's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know when this was advertised as Montgomery Legion I thought it was in Montgomery.
Barrymores might be a bit much for me tonight but Dead Messanger are playing in Gatineau at Le Garage. Never been there and I do love biking drunk.
It amazes me how little there is going on this weekend. Someone should organize a music fest next year to coincide with May 2-4. Everyone has time off but no party to go to.
Mod Night Sunday will be hoppin no doubt.
Man I need a long weekend.

A.C. said...

I have a long weekend so I'm a happy dude ... it has been kind of slow, but early June is going to make up for it, particularly starting June 10.