Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Municipal affairs

City of a Hundred Spires broke up in June 2005, then decided to reform in October - that was quick. Their reunion show was in December. They play post rock that strikes a meditative note for most of the time, with occasionally active interludes which also involved a fair bit of jumping and running about on stage in the currently fashionable post-rock fashion. Needless to say that's when I did most of my shooting.

Bassist Max Monast during the active bit.



Jean-Michel Lacombe, running about.



Vincent Boisvert at left.



Drummer Carl Cleroux.



I don't do as much shutter speed stuff with my digital camera - it doesn't seem to work as well with digital as it does with film, being either too much or not enough. I liked the colours in these pictures, though.





Post-rock action!



More Max and Carl ... this was a picture where I tried to replicate my sort-of-success with the Sick Fits and BushPilots photos. It sort of did not work.





And a feedback-heavy finish.





Good thing they got back together, I'd say.

No comments: