Sunday, May 07, 2006

Rip up the city

It's been a long night, starting with the post-rock of City of a Hundred Spires and ending with punk venerable The Vibrators. My first stop of the night was Zaphods, where I watched the aforementioned Spires, ... as the Poets affirm and Montreal's Feu Therese play a well-composed bill.

City of a Hundred Spires were up first. There was much jumping around.



In my opinion ... as the Poets affirm sounded much better than they did at their Irene's gig. There's a member or two missing from this shot; the blanks will be filled in when I post further pictures of all these acts later in the week.



Here's half of Feu Therese - they made me think of Silver Apples and krautrock.



Then I went to The Dominion to see locals The Rookers - half of whom are shown below - open for The Vibrators.



Also in support, The Ventilators - their guitarist is an active chap.



And finally, a super set from The Vibrators - and yes, they did play Rip Up The City.



As I said, there is more to come ...

1 comment:

devin said...

I saw As the Poets Affirm for the first time at Babylon a little while ago, when they played before the Hilotrons, and I thought they were pretty good... but after this Zaphods show, I thought that they were pretty fabulous.

Nice pictures.