Saturday, June 10, 2006

Men in black

Despite the wretched weather we're having I decided to make the trek down to Irene's to see The Sweet Janes say goodbye to guitarist Captain Carl, who's off to Winnipeg. I hadn't seen either The Aversions and The Cryptomaniacs, so that was also a draw. Most importantly, since I spent Thursday night puking instead of watching The Fiftymen, Ukrainia! and J'envoie as I'd planned, I was hungry for music. Plus I can bounce loads of flash of Irene's ceiling. Huzzay!

You can watch the Janes in any colour you'd like, provided it's black.



Half of the fuzzier-than-thou Cryptomaniacs.



The Aversions prepare for their war on audio gear.



A cool show. Incidentally, if the owners of Glebe Side Kids are wondering who vandalized their storefront planters, I can reveal all: It was a young woman in a black cocktail dress. As I was passing by, she had reached such a zenith of annoyance with her boyfriend that she was ready to unleash her fury on both mankind and the vegetable kingdom. She yelled at me "I'll attack you with plants!" then threw one of the hapless pansies at me, along with a small clump of dirt. Fortunately, I was unharmed. I think the pansy was a bit worse for wear, though.

No comments: