Thursday, June 29, 2006

That's the theory

I wish I'd popped around to Babylon a bit earlier than I did last Friday. Granted, I was feeling pretty rough, but after catching the good part of The Ride Theory's set, I didn't want to miss even one song. For some reason I was under the impression the RT was a Britpop or shoegazer style band (don't ask me where I get these odd ideas). Well, maybe they are a sort of Britpop band, but that's the pop of the 1960s, since the Hamilton quartet boasts a sizeable modbeat influence. Were they to gaze at their shoes, they would see pointy Cuban toes. They covered the theme from Batman ... need I say more?

Lead guitarist and singer Aron D'Alesio.



Drummer Noah Fralick.



Rhythm guitarist Kyle Kuchmey.



Bassist John Smith - there's a name you don't see everyday - works the floor.



Faceoff action!



Not facing-off action!



Rider action!



Singalong action!



Possibly influenced by The Action action!









Feedback time!



In a few weeks time they're touring with the reconstituted Yardbirds for a few Canadian dates. Should be a perfect fit. (Update: They've since changed their name to Young Rival).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great live band, and their CD kicks some ass too. One of my fave Canadian acts these days.