Friday, July 28, 2006

Astronomy domine

You may recall Kepler played their final show a few months ago at Mavericks. That turned out so well I guess it seemed like a good idea to do it again! They sounded really good for this set. I thought the energy level at this show was quite a bit higher. They were - dare I say it - rockin'.

Samir Khan on bass - and you can see Snailhouse and Wooden Star chap Mike Feuerstack at left and a bit of Mike Dubue at right.



Jon Georgekish-Watt.



Jeremy Gara; he switched over to guitar for the encore. Jeremy has of course been recruited by the high-profile Arcade Fire, leading a remarkable number of local acts to claim a connection with the famed underground outfit.



Astronomical action!







And the encore; for their finale song they had a bunch of folks up on stage to sing along.



You can just make out their old drummer Mike Sheridan in the above photo. Here's a truly wretched picture of Mike taken with popup flash. I swear my pictures of him with the Centretown Wilderness Club will be better ...



I didn't take too many photos because I very stupidly left my spare flash batteries at home. Of course, this means Kepler will have to have a third final show so I can take better pictures. Good thing there were a few other folks on hand to capture the moment!

No comments: