Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Crunch time

I had an entertaining Canada Day; last time I can only remember catching the fireworks, this time I took in a little music as well, courtesy of Muffler Crunch, who rocked out in the SAW Gallery's courtyard as the audience braved the occasional rain drop. There was also a preview of The Best of the Museum of Bad Art, which fit in nicely with the Crunch's trash-blues aesthetic. Then, I went off to photograph some fireworks.



Angie the Barbarian, ready to take another stab at the ol' drum kit - note the well stocked belt-o-knives.



As is his wont, Luc Lavigne found a bunch of stuff to stand on.



I might have missed his leap from the table, but at least I got a picture of leaping over the table.



Overhead action!



Spoon action!



Autoparts action!



Luc was bedevilled by strap breakage.



Big finish!



Their next show is July 15 at Irene's with the Mighty Eagle Band and The Long Timers.

No comments: