Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Ride theory

Let's face it, you put Henri Faberge and the Adorables, The Bicycles and Relief Maps together at the same time and you've got a great triple bill. Normally I'd be forced to skip out on such an event, but since I am in training from 9 to 5 - my first-ever brush with regular hours, unless you count my short stint in the ice cream retail business - I actually got to go to this show. Yay!

Relief Maps got on stage at 9 p.m., a little later than expected because of an unfortunate delay in The Bicycles' arrival. You may have missed the great Mocking Music bass controversy - but now it seems they actually do have a bass player (and when I post further pictures, he won't be obscured by a microphone).



I was wondering if they'd put the Bicycles on first to give drummer Dana Snell a break. Nope. Here's a few Bicyclists.



Henri and Co. rocked the joint, even at half (some might say third) strength.



Of course there was chaos on the dancefloor. It was all too, too swell.

No comments: