Saturday, March 24, 2007

Over the water

I've seen Isis once before, at Babylon. I didn't enjoy it - I seem to recall feeling out of sorts and unimpressed with the shouty vocals and general sonic bludgeon. My taste in music and Isis's ongoing mutation seem to have converged in a happier spot because I enjoyed their closing set at Barrymore's - not as much as I liked Zozobra's, but good stuff. Whoever was doing the lights was having some fun as well.

Aaron Turner strains the neck veins. Not shown: The foot-long tendril of phlegm that dripped from his microphone.



Michael Gallagher in a blue mood.



Jeff Caxide in primary colours.



There was so much red floodlight some of my pictures ended up with almost zero contrast. Drummer Aaron Harris is in there somewhere.



I failed to get a good solo picture of keyboardist, laptop manipulator and guitarist Bryant Clifford Meyer. Here he is at right.



Lady of Green Crops action!









Big finish!







I wasn't quite sold enough to buy an album (I plumped for the tour edition of Harmonic Tremors instead), but I'll try to see them again if they come through town.

No comments: