Saturday, December 15, 2007

Central planning

The Murder Plans put on another excellent set opening for Dog Day; they still put me in mind of mod-soul-loving Scots bands like Orange Juice and descendants like The Wedding Present (and as I mentioned earlier, the tougher sounding Britpop bands like Adorable and Ireland's Whipping Post). I see from the 2007 XPress "Best of Ottawa" poll that I'm not the only one who' s impressed, as they scored an honorable mention in the Best New Artist and Best Album categories.

Joel and Connor; the colour in these lowlight photos are kind of nice, if a tad on the fuzzy side.



Nick, even more of a blur in motion than usual.



And the whole lot.



I did use flash here - just not enough.



Bassist Mike; we chatted a bit pre-show and he asked about the Orange Juice comparison. I admit I completely blanked on Edwyn Collins' name.





More Joel!



The stage was still a bit smoky.



And so on.







Their next show is at Cafe DeKcuf on Jan. 12.

No comments: