Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sail away

Once again Ladyfest staged a series on concerts in town and much fun was had by all except me. I worked two out of three days, so my fun was relatively moderate. I did get to see Flotilla again, though, and once again enjoyed their blend of slowcore with electronica tidbits.



Veronica Charnley in smashing frock and a shadowy Benoit Moniere on drums.



Geof Holbrook, multitasking as usual on keys and bass guitar.



Regular harpist Eveline Grégoire-Rousseau was unavailable, so Kristan Toczko filled in on short notice.






Singalong action!



Harpist action!



The whole lot!



There was some last-minute triangle.



Big finish!



One of these days I'm going to have to catch them when they have all their members present and accounted for - which may be Nov. 28, when they perform at 443 Kent St. (or not - I think I'm working that day).

No comments: