Monday, August 31, 2009

Brought to the table

I've seen Holy Fuck a couple of times before, but I think their Bluesfest 2009 set was the first time I've seen the same lineup twice in a row - usually their rhythm section has changed a member. The previous occasion was a headlining gig at Barrymore's with locals Squelchbox and Crush Buildings in July 2008, with really good sets from all concerned. They didn't seem to thrill me as much this time - maybe I should stick to seeing them once every two years so I don't become jaded.

Matt Schulz (ex-Enon) and Matt McQuaid flank Graham Walsh.

Holy Fuck at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

Brian Borcherdt rolls film.

Holy Fuck at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

Graham sings!

Holy Fuck at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

Matt McQuaid was definitely the guy jumping around the most .. course, it is a bit easier for him.

Holy Fuck at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

Brian sings!

Holy Fuck at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

Knob-twisting action!

Holy Fuck at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

Somewhere in the back of the tangle is Matt Schulz.

Holy Fuck at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

The whole lot!

Holy Fuck at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

Right now they're out west for Bumbershoot, then they'll skip back over the continent for another festival in Quebec City.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry you were disappointed, buddy. try getting on stage in front of 1500 or so people and reading your blog sometime.

A.C. said...

I don't know if I could "read" my photos, but I'll look into buying a slide projector.