Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The A-team

I wanted to get a good spot for Japandroids (about whom I've already posted) so I set off for the Subway Stage well before the 8 p.m. start time. As it turned out this meant getting their for the end of Eppiphane's set. I admire the members of Eppiphane for soldiering on after the death of a member from cancer, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of their music - once again, I'm a grumpy old man who doesn't like these newfangled, suspiciously popular sounds.

Andre Doucette and Adam Kavanagh handle the guitaring and singing.

Eppiphane at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

This is a wonderful photo of bassist Alex Mastronardi's microphone stand. Unfortunately it's not such a great shot of Alex.

Eppiphane at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

Alex McFarlane behind the kit.

Eppiphane at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

I confess I like the composition of this shot.

Eppiphane at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

Adam sings!

Eppiphane at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

Andre sings!

Eppiphane at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

And now for some assorted rocking action.

Eppiphane at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

Eppiphane at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

Riser action!

Eppiphane at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

No word on future live dates, but you can always check out their podcasts on YouTube.
  • Show reminder: Be The Saviour , Dark Days or Fair and A Common Misconception play Zaphod Beeblebrox; Corb Lund, hurts some at the Capital Music Hall with Mike Plume. Big John Bates, The Boxcar Cadavers and The Sick Sick Sicks rock Mavericks.

No comments: