Sunday, October 25, 2009

Get the chair

We take you back now to July 29, 2009. The headliners were The Got To Get Got, who were doing a bit of touring with Germans (the band, not the nationality). Local performer Kris Ward was the opener. Ward gets out a fair bit, but I've missed most of is shows - last time I saw him was when he opened for Peter Elkas in January 2006. This time he was mostly solo.

And here we have ... a chair. But I kind of like the colours so I'll include it anyway.

Kris Ward at Mavericks

And here's Kris Ward, sitting in said chair and playing some harmonica.

Kris Ward at Mavericks

The other side of Kris.

Kris Ward at Mavericks

Kris sings!

Kris Ward at Mavericks

Love my prime lenses though I do, sometimes you just gotta flash.

Kris Ward at Mavericks

Guest vocal action! The Beatles In My Life was the unsuspecting victim.

Kris Ward at Mavericks

Big finish!

Kris Ward at Mavericks

He was fronting The Rebel Year for a while, but that band seems to be defunct. he was also doing time in The Violet Drag, who last had a show at the Avant-Garde in September. His current project is Old Crowns (including the above guest vocalist and Rebel Year mate Alex Seguin ... at least I think that's him) - they have a show at Mavericks with Elliott Brood November 5.

No comments: