Monday, December 07, 2009

Another late Knight

It was a busy year for The Sedatives, what with touring Europe and releasing their debut LP on P.Trash and Deranged (depending on your location). For their record release show they coralled Toronto hardcore nutballs The Brutal Knights and punk rockers Germ Attak into opening. I missed Germ Attak due to work demands, but made it for the ever-fabulous Brutal Knights.

One of my rare half-decent Katie G. Warrior photos.

Brutal Knights at Babylon

Flanagan communes with the audience.

Brutal Knights at Babylon

General rocking action!

Brutal Knights at Babylon

Flanagan bends! Did I ever have my flash set too low for this show.

Brutal Knights at Babylon

Flanagan is absorbed.

Brutal Knights at Babylon

I think he's trying to mind-meld with Emmanuel.

Brutal Knights at Babylon

John Powers drums! I hear that School Jerks' Ivan manned the kit at recent shows ... I'm not sure if that's permanent or temporary (or temporarily permanent).

Brutal Knights at Babylon

I still have no idea what their bassist's name is.

Brutal Knights at Babylon

There goes Nick again ...

Brutal Knights at Babylon

I honestly tried hard to get a decent Jon Sharrock photo ... nope, not really.

Brutal Knights at Babylon

Rhythm section action!

Brutal Knights at Babylon

Eh, this one's not so bad.

Brutal Knights at Babylon

Nick's just gotta bend.

Brutal Knights at Babylon

More Powers!

Brutal Knights at Babylon

When Nick's shirt goes, his pants are sure to follow.

Brutal Knights at Babylon

I forget what was happening off to the right, but it must have seemed amusing at the time.

Brutal Knights at Babylon

Oh those crazy punks (including some Germ Attakers).

Brutal Knights at Babylon

Jon had to borrow Jo's Strat - that seems to happen at every show when GA plays and I miss them.

Brutal Knights at Babylon

Way cool as ever.
  • Show reminder: Soulfat Funk, Joel Kuehn and Amanda Cottreau play Zaphod's; The Dangles, Carlos Perez and Slyde play The Rainbow.

No comments: