Sunday, December 27, 2009

That's gotta hurt

I honestly didn't expect to be at Spaceman Music's Bruisefest, but thanks to a lift home from a coworker I managed to make it over to Babylon in time to catch Mountanaka and The Suppositories. I'm sorry I missed Germ Attak and Cloven Hoofs (particularly the latter since I haven't seen them before - Chris from the Unavowed mentioned he thought their set was particularly good). It's also a bit unfortunate that the freezing rain undoubtedly kept people away from some excellent and loud music. Hopefully it'll become an annual event (and luckier with the weather).

Mountanaka at Babylon
Mountanaka at Babylon, December 26, 2009

The Suppositories played a particularly hard and fast set, and wrapped things up around 1:45 ... I could have sworn it was over earlier - good music always seems to go by faster.

Suppositories at Babylon
Suppositories at Babylon, December 26, 2009

Part II of Bruisefest is on tonight at Mavericks, with sets from Tokyo Sex Whale, Daiquiri, A Darker Day and Alaskan.

No comments: