Monday, April 05, 2010

Seeing double

Back on March 2 I popped over to Babylon to catch The Double Pumpers playing a rare show on the nightclub's Boozeday evening. For some reason now lost down the memory hole I then completely forgot about it. I switched computers around then, so that might explain the dropped call - or perhaps my Internet service was acting up. Anyway, instead of heading back home and posting a photo and my usual dram of sleep-deprived chatter, all my loving public received was a flashback to Laurent Bourque's set at Mavericks.

Those Pumpers, the lens-flare edition.

Double Pumpers at Babylon

The view from the other side ... this was an offstage show.

Double Pumpers at Babylon

Old Gold, now available at a bargain price!

Double Pumpers at Babylon

Singalong action!

Double Pumpers at Babylon

The fisheye version of Yogi.

Double Pumpers at Babylon

The smiley version of Dave ... and yes, I am too lazy to crop my camera flash out of the shot.

Double Pumpers at Babylon

Shadowy Damian.

Double Pumpers at Babylon

Hair-shaking action!

Double Pumpers at Babylon

More Yogi.

Double Pumpers at Babylon

Dave sings!

Double Pumpers at Babylon

The shouty bit1

Double Pumpers at Babylon

Drink makes Damian happy.

Double Pumpers at Babylon

What would Yogi look like with Dave's hair? Now the question can not really be answered.

Double Pumpers at Babylon

I did not mean to push that button ...

Double Pumpers at Babylon

Feedback action!

Double Pumpers at Babylon

More feedback!

Double Pumpers at Babylon

Faceoff action!

Double Pumpers at Babylon

They played a second show a few weeks after this one which completely escaped my attention, so don't even ask me what they're up to next. (Flash update: Due to the sudden re-emergence of higher brain functions, I've recalled the show they're playing with Knives For Kids at the Clocktower Pub is in fact not "a few weeks later" but this Friday.)
  • Show reminder: Montreal acoustic popper Daniel Casavant performs at The Rainbow.

No comments: