Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Air show

It's a good thing that Saturday is followed by Sunday. To put another way - since my job involves frequent weekend work - it's a good thing I had two days off in a row, because it took some time recuperating from all my Saturday show-going. I spent my afternoon at Carleton watching four bands play as part of  CKCU's Doors Open Ottawa participation. I got to the university campus around 1 p.m., but had some trouble finding my way around the O-Train and construction (it's been a couple of decades since I was there as a student), and then through the rabbit's warren that is the Unicentre. When I finally got through the doors of Rooster's, Vapourizer was embarking on their penultimate tune.

Here they are at their most vapourized.

Vapourizer at Rooster's

And the un-Vapourized version of Dick Altavista, Chief Lone Pig, Machine Gun Jimmy and Peter Slim.

Vapourizer at Rooster's

Dick Altavista can also be heard playing both kinds of music on CKCU.

Vapourizer at Rooster's

I like the leafy backdrop. I'll introduce the keyboardist when I find out who he is. Keyboardist mark Dore brings the Rooster's roster to five.

Vapourizer at Rooster's

Slim sings!

Vapourizer at Rooster's

Mandolin action!

Vapourizer at Rooster's

Drumming action!

Vapourizer at Rooster's

Big finish!

Vapourizer at Rooster's

I'm going to guess their next set is at Liquour Pig Fest ... sometime in July, perhaps?
  • Show reminder: Hank III and Assjack rock Babylon. The Ginger Fox, Jolies Alien Babes and The Gift perform at The Rainbow.

No comments: