Friday, July 02, 2010

End at the bottom

I wasn't sure that The Suppositories would be able to get the crowd as revved up as Holy Cobras ... brother was I wrong. In fact the audience turned into such a seething mass that I felt the floor begin to wobble (heaven only knows what the folks downstairs thought).

Ian shouts!

The Suppositories at Nine

Mark frets .. unfortunately I didn't get any good pictures before I made my escape ....

The Suppositories at Nine

Closeup action!

The Suppositories at Nine

The crowd was getting so active I scuttled over to the side (which incidentally let me take better pictures of the rest of the band).

The Suppositories at Nine

Smiley Ilona action!

The Suppositories at Nine

Billy rocks the traps!

The Suppositories at Nine

Assorted rocking action!

The Suppositories at Nine

The crowd goes wild!

The Suppositories at Nine

Shadowy Ilona action!
The Suppositories at Nine

Ian Manhire does his balancing act ... shortly after running off the end of the notorious Nine railing and, as he later told me, messing one of his legs.

The Suppositories at Nine



I wanted to get a good fisheye Billy shot. Nope.

The Suppositories at Nine

More shouty Ian!

The Suppositories at Nine

Hell with it, I'll get the reg'lar kind.

The Suppositories at Nine

Big finish!

The Suppositories at Nine

They've just played the Raw Sugar, no word on future shows just yet.
  • Show reminder: Speaking of Raw Sugar, Richard Laviolette, Dave Tough and Jessy Bell Smith play there tonight; The Start are at the Elmdale Tavern; 10-piece R&B combo Mixed Nuts roll into The Rainbow; The Dead Letters are at the Avant-Garde (as are Django Libre, doing their regular gypsy jazz spot); Manny Makris and bluesman JW-Jones bring their Rock'N'Roll Riot to Irene's.

No comments: