Monday, June 13, 2011

Return to the west

I took in part of Sunday's West Fest show; the weather co-operated for the two performances I caught, although it was still pretty grey. On stage were The Flats, who I've caught before at Zaphod's, and Silver Creek, who I've seen at Bluesfest. When I saw The Flats, just over a year ago, Greg Brayford was doing most of the singing (at least for the part of the show I caught). This time Michael Peterson was singing more and the band also seemed a bit louder, no doubt because of the difference between a big festival stage and a small nightclub.

They were also joined by Jack Pelletier this time around, at left, with Greg and percussionist Steve.

The Flats at Westfest

Here's guitarist Rob Commins, drummer Matthew and Michael.

The Flats at Westfest

Silver Creek are a band I always seem to see exclusively at festivals. They keep pretty busy with touring and are recording a new album, helped via crowd-financing.  They're the same fired up roots rockers I remember from years past.

Silver Creek at Westfest

Their lineup has shifted a bit since I saw them last, with Brock Zeman and Sarah Burnette's accompanist Blair Hogan on lead guitar.

Silver Creek at Westfest

A solid evening.
  • Show reminder: Blast The Sun play The Rainbow.

No comments: