Monday, May 28, 2012

In the pines, in the pines

I was so darn impressed with my first sighting of 90 Pounds of Ugly I just had to go and see them the next chance I had, which turned out to be March 2  at Cafe DeKcuf. The opening act was Jack pine, who I'd met at the odd show and whose name I'd seen on sundry bills. As it turns out he's an excellent performer of roots music, usually with The Fire, but also solo on this occasion.

The man himself (also know as Gareth Auden-Hole)!

Jack Pine at Cafe DeKcuf

Close-up action!

Jack Pine at Cafe DeKcuf

Acoustic action!

Jack Pine at Cafe DeKcuf

Not so close-up action!

Jack Pine at Cafe DeKcuf

And now for a little mandolin ...

Jack Pine at Cafe DeKcuf

The shouty bit!

Jack Pine at Cafe DeKcuf

A fine live show, and I also highly recommend his album. Jack Pine & The Fire will be sharing a stage at the Elmdale with The Murder Plans June 8.

No comments: