Sunday, June 17, 2012

Ottawa Explosion, Day 4, Part I

Well, Day 4 just about killed me. I actually headed off to Club SAW instead of the House of Targ largely because I knew I'd have a place to sit down. It was a hard task getting out of bed, I tell you ...

Fortunately I did, since Hollywood played a really great set; Big Neck records is always a sign of quality, I tell you ...

Hollywood at Club SAW
Hollywood at Club SAW, June 16, 2012

Another reason to go to Club SAW: A chance to check out First Base again. They played a great set of bedroom pop at the last Gaga Weekend and were just as good this time around.

First Base at Club SAW
First Base at Club SAW, June 16, 2012

I've seen Dog Day a few times in different configurations. For this show husband-and-wife team Seth Smith and Nancy Urich have stripped down to drums and guitar, and it really works too.

Dog Day at Club SAW
Dog Day at Club SAW, June 16, 2012

Lipstick Homicide also killed it with some hard-charging punk rock - a really great set from this Iowa City trio.

Lipstick Homicide at Club SAW
Lipstick Homicide at Club SAW, June 16, 2012

The Visitors wrapped things up at Club SAW to an appreciative crowd

The Visitors at Club SAW
The Visitors at Club SAW, June 16, 2012

After that one could check out some videos, or go and see Cold Warps and Dry Feet at Vertigo Records or go and grab some dinner and a quick nap (which I did).

No comments: