Monday, October 29, 2012

Bluesfest: Billy Bragg

Billy Bragg has been through Ottawa a few times. I seem to recall him being slated to play Barrymore's back before I was the live music fan that I am now. I've been a fan of his music for some time though - I used to have all his CDs in college (they vanished during a move, near as I can tell), so it was no decision at all to see him perform solo on the Black Sheep stage. Unfortunately, this also meant hearing the popular thud of Tiesto from over the hill. I was not happy about this, and neither was Bragg. "I don't care if it's got great big mouse ears, it's still disco!"

Mr. Bragg in black and white.

Billy Bragg at Ottawa Bluesfest 2012

And so on!

Billy Bragg at Ottawa Bluesfest 2012

Now in colour.

Billy Bragg at Ottawa Bluesfest 2012

He was sporting a red square in solidarity with striking Quebec students.

Billy Bragg at Ottawa Bluesfest 2012

Entertaining, despite the sounds interrupting from the main stage.

No comments: