Sunday, May 11, 2014

Trees and Bees

I headed over to Pressed on Friday to catch a few returns to the stage. Rob Snasdell-Taylor, last seen on the blog with The Pop Shove-Its many years ago (November 2005 or thereabouts to be precise) is back in action with his new combo Chops and The Holics, and Christine Chesser of The Johnnies, Secret Lovers and Chickpea has also made a comeback with Treees of North America, featuring a slew of familiar faces.

The actual opener was Slo' Tom, whose set I arrived to late to see; Trees of North America were on stage and you should recognize everyone from other posts - well, maybe not, since I neglected to keep my camera battery charged and was forced to fall back on my iPhone. Anyway, that's Darrel Angus (Golden Famile, Shakey Aches, Desecrators, etc.) on guitar, Patrick Shanks (Glads, Shanker & Romps, Merle Knurling, etc.) on bass and Scott Terry (Klovenhoofs, Camp Radio and a bunch of others) on drums.

Trees of North America at Pressed

Singalong action! Darrel, Christine and Scott all took turns singing lead on a tune while I was there.

Trees of North America at Pressed

On to Chops and The Holics; here's a very blurry Rob.

Chops and The Holics at Pressed

He's ably assisted by Johnny Nash Neck, And What Army, Fucking Machines, Long Timers and so on)on rhythm guitar, Matt Murdoch on lead, along with a rhythm section of Max McMillan and Joel Lemiuex.

Chops and The Holics at Pressed

The Dead Bees finished things off; I saw them at Zaphod's in January of 2013, and they're still the same sharp pop cpombo they were then.

Dead Bees at Pressed

Chris sings!

Dead Bees at Pressed

Unfortunately all my other photos were terribly grainy so I'll leave it at that.

No comments: