Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Ottawa's newest hitmakers

I don't usually go and see cover bands (the only other one I can think of is Sheezer), but I figured I'd make an exception for The Ya-Yas, since they play out quite a bit and feature members of Good2Go and The Bushpilots. I'm also a fan of The Rolling Stones, so there's that, too. Here's some gripping action with The Bushpilots Rob Bennett.

The Ya-Yas at House of Targ

Bushpilot Glen works the frets.

The Ya-Yas at House of Targ

Percussive action from Good2Go drummer Gilles.

The Ya-Yas at House of Targ

I'm sure Fred Guignon has made a couple of blog appearances before, but apparently he went nameless because I can't track a specific post down.

The Ya-Yas at House of Targ

Glen sings one!

The Ya-Yas at House of Targ

Gilles sings a bit.

The Ya-Yas at House of Targ

Bushpilot Jeff handles the low end.

The Ya-Yas at House of Targ

Extra Rob!

The Ya-Yas at House of Targ

Rolling action!

The Ya-Yas at House of Targ

They played two sets, here's Rob after a bit of shirt replacement.

The Ya-Yas at House of Targ

And so on!

The Ya-Yas at House of Targ

I split for the bus just before they were scheduled to round things off with Satisfaction.

No comments: